New Years Day. Huddled up in the fetal position alone under several blankets trying to muster up the strength to reach over to the end table to grab that glass of water. Just wanting it to be all over with. The best possible day to start a month of abstaining from alcohol.
My liver needs a break. So I’m going to dry to do the impossible: a month without alcohol. I’ve never accomplished this task before. I once went 29 days when I was 2 until my mother put whiskey in my sippy cup.
I fully plan on detailing my journey over the course of the next month on this blog, and highlight any added benefits such as better sleep, increased focus, more productivity and obtaining superpowers.
I will also post a special cocktail recipe for each day so that my readers will get something useful out of these blog entries.
Royal Scratch Mai Tai
- 1 ounce Bacardi rum
- ½ ounce orange curaçao
- 2 ounces fresh Govinda pineapple juice
- ½ ounce orgeat almond syrup
- 1 ounce fresh Govinda orange juice
- ½ ounce Whaler’s Dark Rum float
- Pour first five ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
- Pour into a glass and float Whaler’s Dark Rum on top by carefully spooning the rum over the top of the drink.
- Garnish with a parasol skewered with a cherry, a pineapple wedge and a lime wedge.